Honey is a treat, a sweetener and a first-rate proxy for sugar in our drinks and food. It has been used for centuries for its healing properties, beautification and many other purposes.
Honey is composed of sugars like glucose and fructose and minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium chlorine, sulphur, iron and phosphate.
It contains vitamins B1, B2, C, B6, B5 and B3 all of which change according to the qualities of the nectar and pollen. Copper, iodine, and zinc also exist in it in small quantities.
Health Benefits of Honey
- Boost energy: Carbohydrates supply us with energy and strength.
- Relieves morning sickness.
- Eyesight: Regularly take honey + carrot juice, hour before meals in the morning.
- Cough & sore throat: Honey + ginger juice is a good expectorant.
- Asthma: Black pepper powder (half a gram) + honey + ginger juice, three times a day.
- Blood Pressure: one tsp garlic juice + two tsp honey, twice a day in the morning and evening.
- Heart Tonic: 1tsp Choti Saunf powder (anise) + 1-2 tsp of honey, acts as a tonic for the heart by strengthening the heart muscles.
- Blood Purification and Fat Reduction: Glass of warm water mixed with 1-2 tsp of honey + one tsp lemon juice, daily early morning.
- Skin care: Consumption with milk benefits the skin.
Thus there are many Health Benefits of honey, which bring us to conclusion that “Honey is cherished and more than just a medicine.”