- Back ache
Pinda sweda can be categorized depending on the material used for making the bolus. These are as follows:
1) Valuka sweda – Sand is used
2) Shashtik Shali Pinda sweda(Navara kiszhi) – Navara rice cooked in medicated milk is used
3) Patrapinda sweda – Leaves of medicinal plants are used
4) Churna Pinda sweda – A combination of medicinal herbs is used. The selected material is kept at the center of 1 X 1 ft. cloth and a pinda is skillfully tied to make it easy to hold. This is either dipped in a hot liquid or is heated with oil on a girdle. It is then applied on the requisite site with careful strokes.
There are no special restrictions for Pinda sweda. However, the patient should not be on an empty stomach for a long period prior to Pinda sweda.
There are no specific dietary restrictions after Pinda sweda. The patient is expected to follow the instructions of the physician.
- Lightness of the body
- Reduction of the pain & the stiffness
- Better mobility of the Joint
- Regression of the disease.
- Gain in tissue mass & activities of the organ
Pinda sweda is an effective as well as a highly potent therapy.
An absolutely safe procedure; if handled by unskilled or untrained hands can cause burning & scalding.
Careful preparation and post procedural care is a must. All procedural steps must be followed without any shortcuts.