Do you find it hard to concentrate? Do you fail to pay attention? Do you find yourself constantly interrupting others? Do you feel the need to move constantly during times when you shouldn’t? If you feel that they are negatively impacting your daily life, it could be a sign of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
So what is Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)?
It is a condition in which a person has trouble paying attention and focusing on tasks, tends to act without thinking, and has trouble sitting still. It may begin in early childhood and can continue into adulthood. Without treatment, ADHD can cause problems at home, at school, at work, and with relationships. In the past, ADHD was called attention deficit disorder (ADD).
Today ADHD is not just a childhood disorder. Although the symptoms of ADHD begin in childhood, ADHD can continue through adolescence and adulthood. Even though hyperactivity tends to improve as a child becomes a teen, problems with inattention, disorganization, and poor impulse control often continue through the teen years and into adulthood.
8 probable causes of ADHD:
The exact cause for ADHD till date is not clear, although many studies suggest that ADHD probably results from a combination of factors, such as-
1. Genes: Inherited from parents, genes are the “blueprints” for ADHD patients. Results from several international studies of twins show that ADHD often runs in families. DNA changes are observed to occur more frequently among people with ADHD than in unaffected people, suggesting a possible role in the development of the disorder.
2. Brain injuries: It is found that children with ADHD sometimes have a history of traumatic brain injury.
3. Environmental factors: Studies suggest a positive link between cigarette smoking and alcohol use during pregnancy and ADHD in children. All addicts will have to strictly stay away from both alcohol and cigarettes in such cases. Go ahead and search for the best centers for rehab near me to purge yourself from the habit and to keep your offspring safe. Tangu Inc, one such rehab centre, helps people who are struggling with drugs, alcohol or prescription addiction in the greater Atlanta area.It is also found that preschoolers who are exposed to high levels of lead, which can sometimes be found in plumbing fixtures or paint in old buildings, have a higher risk of developing ADHD.
4. Maternal depression: The new evidence has found support for a significant link between depression during pregnancy and an increased risk of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in the child.
5. Compromised sleep: The increasingly urban lifestyle has taken a toll on our sleeping habits. According to a latest study, compromised sleep may be linked to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), which affects around 75 per cent of children and adults.
6. Smartphones: Today’s era of digitalization and modernization, the increasing pervasive use of digital technology may result in ADHD-like symptoms even among the general population, The survey found that even people who have not been diagnosed with ADHD may experience some of the disorder’s symptoms, including distraction, difficulty focusing and getting bored easily when trying to focus, fidgeting, having trouble sitting still, difficulty doing quiet tasks and activities, and restlessness.
7. Sugar: The researchers have found positive correlation between the amount of refined sugar intake and its probability to cause ADHD or makes symptoms worse.
8. Food additives: The children with ADHD may be sensitive to food dyes, artificial flavors, preservatives, or other food additives. They may experience fewer ADHD symptoms on a diet without additives, but such diets are often difficult to maintain.
COGNIUM Tablets and Syrup – Ayurvedic Medicine for Memory and Concentration
COGNIUM tablets and syrup are aimed at preserving and enhancing cognitive functions. It is a natural cognitive enhancer and best supplement for concentration shows beneficial effect in treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). COGNIUM improves memory, attention, and enhances concentration. COGNIUM tablets and syrup contain herbs which are excellent natural cognitive enhancers, natural memory enhancers useful in language and learning disability, mental fatigue due to stress, mild dementia, forgetfulness, and impaired concentration
So follow preventive interventions focusing on all above probable causes for ADHD. This certainly will be beneficial in relief of ADHD symptoms and also will help to stop further progression of the condition.