During this Coronavirus pandemic, we are all trying to take preventive measures and follow the basic hygiene. You may have read in several columns, blogs, videos and news that one of the best way to get protection against this is better immunity, which can be achieved through regular exercise and yoga.
While many of the cities have ordered shutdown of gyms and gathering at public places, we bring to you the list of simple exercises and yoga that you can do in your home or society premises.
Breathing exercises (Pranayama)
Breathing exercises, also known as pranayama helps to improve your immunity. Proper breathing technique is a key to healthy living.
1. Kapal Bhati pranayama
Helps to improve your respiratory function and clear the respiratory tract.
Practising it twice a day will help to cleanse your respiratory system and prevent you from infections and allergies.
2. Nadi shodhan pranayama (Alternate nostril breathing)
Helps to clear your respiratory channels, helps eliminate the toxins and improves oxygen supply in the body. Practise this 3 to 4 times a day.
1. Bhujangasana (Cobra pose)
- This pose helps to improve your digestion.
- It improves your spine flexibility.
- Helps to improve circulation
- It helps to relieve anxiety and stress
2. Tadasana (Mountain pose)
- It helps to improve your posture
- This pose helps to tone your abdominal muscles
- Aids in digestion and improves the respiratory functions
- It also helps to stimulate your nervous system
3. Vajrasana (Thunderbolt pose)
- Aids in digestion
- Strengthens the chest muscles
- Resolves respiratory problems
- Helps your mind to be calm
Be it Coronavirus, or seasonal flu, low immunity can make us susceptible to various infections and diseases. Regular practice of yoga and breathing exercises helps strengthen your immune system and prevent you from various diseases. Always remember to begin yoga practice under supervision and guidance to prevent any injury.