Period pain or cramps- Most of the females have to face pain every cycle while menstruation (normal vaginal bleeding). Menstruation pain is due to the released prostaglandins which result in painful contractions of uterus.
Do you need to get rid of daily tasks or work to ease the period pain???
Are period cramps/pains normal?
Yes… if the pain grade varies from mild to moderate, they can be considered as normal, but Period pain are an issue if they affect your daily routine and may need expert opinion.
Why to experience the pain when you can ease it naturally with the help of simple Ayurveda tips
6 Effective ways to manage period pain –
- Hot fomentation – Placing hot water bag/ pouch or hand towel dipped in warm water over abdomen helps to relax the abdominal muscles and relieve period pain.
- Exercise – Exercise helps to reduce period pain. Avoid doing vigorous exercise, one can prefer yoga which are easy to perform. Walking, simple stretches, pawan muktasana are some easy ways to ease period pain.
- Hydration – Dehydration leads to muscle cramping so please ensure that you drink enough water. Easy ways to hydrate is having warm ginger water, lime water, buttermilk or even soups. Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol as they are dehydrating drinks.
- Foods to avoid – Sugar, salt and starch are the 3 S to be avoided in excess for period pain relief. Stale and processed food should also be excluded from the diet along with fermented foods like idli, dosa, fatty foods, which cause indigestion and bloating.
- Herbs to embrace– Dry ginger powder with luke-warm water, cinnamon (dalchini) powder, fennel seeds, are amazing to reduce period cramps and reduce bloating. Haldi milk (curcuma has anti-inflammatory effect) can also be taken for period pain relief .Supplements like calcium, minerals, vitamin b complex can also help to some extent. All these foods inhibit the action pain causing enzymes to ease period pain.
- Medical intervention – If the cramps worsen more than usual or associated with symptoms like fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, heavy bleeding or changed discharge pattern, one should consult a doctor.
If the pain is a regular feature avoid painkillers and treat yourself with medicinal herbs in a natural way. Long term use of painkillers may cause stomach irritation, ulcers and also lead to dependency.
Medicinal herbs like ashoka, sariva, dashmool, ashwagandha exhibits antioxidant and anti- inflammatory activity, also ensures effective control of excessive uterine bleeding.
M2Tone syrup and tablets, from Charak Pharma , have proven the efficacy in functional menstrual disorders, as it restores the natural balance between hormones, nutrition and emotions. M2tone tablets are an ayurvedic period pain tablet alternative as they help to restore the hormones and improve overall health of women.
M2tone infused with ashoka, shatavari, dashmoola, jatamansi and more reduces period cramps by easing pain and discomfort and become a natural ayurvedic period pain tablet. Always consult and expert if the pain is severe and prolonged.