Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a common childhood behavioral condition characterized. By persistent symptoms of inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity.
Although psychostimulant medications are prescribed for children with ADHD, the average response rate to these medications is 70%.
And up to 30% of children do not respond to these medications or are unable to tolerate such potential adverse effects as nausea, insomnia, and weight loss.
In such a scenario, if you are looking for natural supplements for concentration or natural cognitive enhancers. Here is a list of some useful and best memory supplements to get rid of ADHD problem naturally.
1. Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) – A unique herb has been used for thousands of years as a brain tonic to enhance memory, concentration, and information retention.
It works by balancing our brain’s complex network of neurotransmitters and hormones. Bacopa is often used as a natural remedy for ADHD in children and adults because the bacosides.
Within the plant sharpen cognitive function by improving transmission of nerve impulse. It significantly reduces the ADHD symptoms like restlessness, learning problems, impulsivity. And psychiatric problems and improvement in self-control.
2. Jyotishmati (Celastrus paniculatus): It earned the nickname “intellect tree” because of its reported ability to enhance the cognitive processes. The use of Celastrus paniculatus as a nootropic (nervine tonic) agent for students and those who prefer an all-natural cognitive enhancer.
Improves memory retention and recall. Shows anxiolytic properties, increased motivation and the ability to concentrate on more on any given task and better mental focus in ADHD patients.
3. Tagar (Valeriana wallichi): It is believed that it can be useful for ADHD. It increases the amount of a chemical called gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) in the brain.
GABA helps regulate nerve cells and has a calming effect on the body that might help treat nervousness, restlessness, and sleeplessness. It reduces the time it takes to fall asleep and improves the quality of sleep
4. Vacha (Acorus calamus): It contains active and potent psycho-pharmacological molecules which improve memory and learning capabilities.
It has been used as anti-epileptic and anti-hysteric herbs since centuries. It is a very potent herb for depression and anxiety. Shows beneficial effect to treat the forgetfulness and inattention disorder of attention deficit hyperactivity.
5. Shankhpushpi (Convolvulus pluricaulis): It is an excellent herbal brain tonic which effectively improves memory and coordination. It is a rejuvenator, psychostimulant, and tranquilizer.
Possesses antidepressant, antianxiety, memory enhancer, concentration booster, mild anticonvulsant properties, thus it effectively treats Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
6. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): Acts as a nervine tonic and enhances the mental stamina. It is the natural rejuvenator and maintains the proper nourishment of tissues.
It effectively corrects stress, fatigue, anxiety, palpitation, aging and nervous breakdown. In ADHD, it keeps the brain calm and active, stimulates growth of neuron, strengthens neurotransmitters and corrects the nervous breakdown.
COGNIUM Tablets and Syrup – Ayurvedic Medicine for Memory and Concentration:
COGNIUM tablets and COGNIUM syrup are aimed at preserving and enhancing cognitive functions.
COGNIUM slows down the process of degeneration of neurons through antioxidants, nervine tonics and by improving circulation. It improves attention, boosts memory and enhances concentration.
Bacopa monnieri and Celastrus paniculatus present in COGNIUM improve cognitive functions. Centella asiatica and Terminalia arjuna enhance circulation to the CNS.
Withania somnifera and Evolvulus alsinoides provide protection to nervous system by acting as adaptogenic thus shows beneficial effects in various symptoms of ADHD
So use these natural herbs to combat Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.