Are you worried of flu, infections or frequent illnesses? Are you concerned about your family’s health and looking for ways to boost their immunity? Then ‘Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”. Yes! The universal answer to all your health issues and queries.
Poor eating habits, nutritional deficiencies, hectic lifestyles and the ever-increasing stress levels have taken a toll on health by diminishing your immune system. ‘Immunity’ is the defense system that protects the body against infections and diseases. So strengthening your immune system is necessary to sustain good health.
Why just rely on drugs, vaccines and advancing medical science solutions, when foods that we eat have the potential to enhance your immunity. Make food as a solution to live longer and healthier. Fruits, vegetables, grains, seeds, nuts, eggs, fish, meat, milk and milk products rich in nutrients and bio active compounds, including the food casings that you find on meat which are acquired from places like dcwcasing.com/, help improve immune system naturally.
Here are some foods to boost immune system –
- Grains: Whole grains like wheat, brown rice, oat, maize, rye are full of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants. They should be consumed in adequate amount as they not only provide us with energy but also strengthens our immune system.
- Fruits: A sure shot way to boost immunity is to include numerous varieties of fresh fruits rich in vitamins, minerals, fibers and water in your diet.
- Berries like raspberries, cranberry, blueberries, elderberries are nutritional and antioxidant powerhouse.
- Citrus fruits like lemons, oranges and kiwi provide our body with vitamin C, an essential dietary nutrient with anti- ageing property.
- Vegetables: Antioxidants, phytonutrients and fiber rich vegetables have many health benefits. They help detoxify the body, combat inflammation, infection and have proven immune modulating properties.
- Cruciferous vegetable such as broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower contains bio actives that fight against diseases causing micro-organisms.
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale boost our nutritional status and improve immune system.
- Herbs and spices: Make them an integral part of your cooking to boost your body’s defenses against diseases and infections.
- Garlic- Sulfur rich garlic pods boost your immunity against cold and flu and exhibit antibiotic effect. It has potential to lower blood pressure in hypertensive individuals and regulate cholesterol levels.
- Turmeric- By the virtue of its major active principle curcumin, has the potential to treat a wide variety of inflammatory disorders. It is a potent antioxidant that scavenges the free radicals. It exhibits antibacterial, antiviral and anti fungal activity to enhance body’s immunity.
- Ginger- A commonly, used spice for cooking has great medicinal values. Ginger acts as immunostimulant agent and helps in the treatment of infectious diseases. Ginger tea from freshly grated ginger helps to fight off cold and flu.
- Echinacea- It stimulates the immune system and prevents cold, flu and other upper respiratory tract infections
- Green, black and white teas- Constitutes polyphenols and flavonoids exhibiting antioxidant, anti inflammatory, antimicrobial protection.
- Oregano & Sage– These culinary herbs are rich in bio active phytochemicals with immune modulating and health promoting properties.
- Honey – Besides being sweetener and an instant source of energy to boost endurance and reduce fatigue, honey is a powerful immune booster. Its antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties help to fight against allergic conditions.
- Yogurt – It is a best routine to include yogurt to your meals to improve digestion and keep cold and flu at bay.
- Ayruvedic medicine to boost immunity
Charak Pharma’s Extammune is a combination of herbs that promotes immune function naturally. Its synergistic blend haldi, amla fruit, guduchi, manjishta and chitrak enhance body’s defense mechanism by optimizing its response to diseases and infections. The composition stimulates the production and activity of infection-fighting cells, boosts immune system and helps to maintain an active lifestyle, optimal health and well being and for the same if you need to know latest news then click liveheed.
Adapting a healthy lifestyle, stress management, exercise, and diet along with the use of ayurvedic medicine helps develop, maintain and enhance immunity.