Winters are here, so is the season of cold and flu. It is the time we prepare our immune system to be strong enough to fight against these seasonal outbreaks.
So, how to improve immune system or build a healthy immunity?
- Regular walk or exercise
- Balanced nutritious diet
- Adequate sleep
- Reduce stress
To be away from infections and to stay healthy this winter, make sure to include these powerful immunity boosters in your diet.
- Turmeric – Turmeric, the golden spice, is readily available in our home. It is commonly used in curries, and has numerous health benefits. Curcuminoids in turmeric are known to strengthen the immune system. Turmeric has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties. Turmeric encourages metabolism, and energizes the body.
- Garlic- It is widely used as a seasoning or a condiment. It is also called as the natural antibiotic. Each clove of garlic contains more than 100 antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and immune-enhancing compounds, which is strong enough to fight infections. Including garlic in your diet also lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Ginger- Health benefits of ginger are extraordinary. Ginger helps in eliminating congestion. Ginger prevents the accumulation of toxins, which makes you susceptible to respiratory infections. It soothes sore throat, helps in reducing fever, prevents and treats the flu infections. Ginger stimulates blood circulation and opens up the sinuses.
- Spinach- Spinach is one of the super foods. It is enriched with vitamin A, vitamin C and abundant dietary fiber. Vitamin C helps in preventing common cold. These nutrients boost the immune system, by helping the body in cell division and DNA repair.
- Citrus fruits- Fruits like oranges, grapefruit, lemons etc are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C is known for its antioxidant, antibacterial and antiinflammatory properties. These citrus fruits help in protecting the body against infections and strengthen the immune system. Other foods that are rich in vitamin C are good immune booster like tomatoes, papaya, guavas and berries.
- Almonds- Vitamin E and manganese in almonds support a strong immune system. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant; it eliminates all the damage causing free radicals from the body. It is found that the skin of almonds in particular boosts immunity to fight against common viruses of cold and flu.
Along with these, one can also take immune boosting supplements. Try Extrammune, the natural immunity enhancer.
Some of the key ingredients of Extrammune are Guduchi, Haridra, Yashtimadhu, Tulsi, Triphala Guggul. Guduchi and Haridra control infections; Tulsi is immunostimulant and acts as an antibacterial; Yashtimadhu acts as anti-viral; Triphala guggul has antibacterial, antiinflammatory and antioxidant properties. Extrammune reduces virulence and improves host defense by building immunity. It prevents seasonal outbreaks of infectious diseases.
Extrammune is thus a combination of immune boosting supplements that enhances the action of antibiotics and helps achieve faster recovery from various infections.
So stop worrying on how to improve the immune system, add these immune boosting foods in your diet, and trust Extrammune- your personal bodyguard for extra immunity.