In a market full of a variety of joint supplements, many people find it confusing to choose the correct one! But I am sure, after reading this article, you will find your joint supplement. Let’s read about the very well-known joint supplement, that is Glucosamine.
· What exactly is Glucosamine and what are the sources of Glucosamine?
Glucosamine is a natural compound extracted from the shells of shellfish or artificially prepared helps to keep the joints healthy. It is already found in cartilage, the tough tissues or commonly known as cushions in between the joints. Glucosamine is available in three different forms 1) Glucosamine hydrochloride, 2) Glucosamine sulfate, and 3) N-acetyl glucosamine. From these three variants, Glucosamine hydrochloride gets easily absorbed and assimilated by the body.
This supplement is useful for joint health, but there are a few things one should keep in mind before consuming it.
· What are the precautions to be taken before consuming Glucosamine?
1) If you are suffering from Asthma, kindly take the opinion of your family doctor before taking a glucosamine supplement. The studies suggest glucosamine can worse Asthma. Hence only take after the doctor’s recommendation.
2) People who are allergic to shellfish, should check the label as many joint supplements are made from the crustacean source i.e. shells of lobsters, shrimp, or crabs.
3) Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not take glucosamine as there is not enough study to support its safe use.
· Is Glucosamine effective in osteoarthritis?
Glucosamine is beneficial in the treatment of osteoarthritis since the studies show significant improvement in joint mobility followed by a reduction in inflammation. But there is not enough evidence regarding the benefits in rheumatoid arthritis. Glucosamine is usually not recommended alone in the treatment of osteoarthritis. Degenerative changes in adults and loss of cartilage can be repaired by glucosamine along with chondroitin sulfate.
· When is glucosamine recommended?
Glucosamine is not only used to treat the loss of cartilage but also the painful condition caused by inflammation or the breakdown of joints. It helps to reduce
the pain associated with osteoarthritis and helps to slow down the degenerative changes.
Glucosamine hydrochloride combined together with anti-inflammatory herbs like Haldi, Shallaki increases its potency and helps to combat the symptoms. There are very supplements available with a combination of ayurvedic herbs. Go 365, from the house of Charak pharma, is a unique blend of ayurvedic herbs along with joint supplements, minerals, and vitamins.
So why are you waiting? Go check the details and buy soon!