Joint pain is a common symptom in arthritis. Arthritis is the inflammation of one or more joints due to aging, abnormal metabolism, infections, and immune dysfunction. It is of multiple types and the symptoms worsen with age. Pain in the joints, swelling, tenderness, stiffness, and restriction in joint movement are the general symptoms of arthritis.
Ayurveda offers a holistic approach for the management of joint pain. It reduces the symptoms like joint pain, inflammation, and stiffness by treating the underlying cause of these ailments. Minor changes in our diet, lifestyle, and routine with the help of certain herbs can help us deal with joint pain.
6 helpful ways for the management of Joint pain –
- Correct posture: Don’t stay in the same sitting or standing position for longer than 30 minutes to avoid stiffness. Support your back and legs by making sure your feet touch the ground once your back touches the back of the chair. Align the body on the side with pillows under knees while sleeping.
- Healthy Diet: Ayurveda suggests non-oily, non-spicy and easy to digest food while dealing with Joint pain. The intake of fresh fruits, vegetables, healthy nuts and dry fruits is recommended. Use of bakery products and fermented food should be reduced. Avoid skipping meals and intake of junk food as well.
- Yoga: Yogic postures relax your muscles and ease the tension on your joints. They improve circulation thereby increasing the flexibility of joints. Certain yogic asanas like Gomukhasan, Bhujangasan ,Garudasanetc can help relieve joint pain and stiffness in arthritis. These asanas should be practised regularly preferably under expert guidance.
- Massage: Massage helps alleviate joint pain and relieve the tension on joints. Massage with herbal oils offers added advantage of the individual herbs. They can help reduce inflammation and improve joint mobility. Herbal oils like sesame oil, olive oil, almond oil are good for bone and joint strength.
- Panchakarma: As per Ayurved, aggravated vatdosha is considered to be a major cause of joint pain. Certain detox therapies like Basti (medicated oil enemas), PindaSweda(Local hot fomentation)etc are known to balance the vatdosha and reduce joint pain.
- Herbs for joint health: Certain herbs mentioned in Ayurveda are very important to maintain joint integrity and nourish the bony tissue. Turmeric, commonly known as Haldi, has anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory properties. Ashwagandha is nutritive,prevents cartilage damage and strengthens the bone and help to relieve joint pain.
GO365 Nutra Tablet offers a balanced composition of these herbs and hence is effective in relieving joint pain.
Certain oils extracted from herbs like eucalyptus, mint, capsicum etc also help relieve joint pain and inflammation when applied locally. GO365 ointment infused with goodness of these herbal oils helps reduce joint pain and stiffness and also improves mobility.