Acidity occurs when there is an excess secretion of acid in stomach, which causes heartburn. Acidity is a very common condition and can occur in people of all ages.
Below are some hacks that will help you deal with this problem:
Some of the natural and commonly available ingredients that soothe the acidity are:
1. Tulsi (Holy basil)
Tulsi belongs to the mint family and it helps to reduce the excess production of stomach acid. You may chew few fresh leaves of tulsi to get relief from acidity
2. Amla (Indian gooseberry)
Amla or Indian Gooseberry is useful in a variety of digestive disorders. You can have amla fruit or mix amla powder in water and drink the mixture or you may have amla powder with a few drops of honey.
Ginger, when used in moderation, is a natural remedy for the treatment of acidity. Ginger helps for digestion.
4. Mint Leaves
You can chew mint leaves with boiled water to get relief from acidity. Mint juice can also be taken.
Using jaggery in small amounts is the most effective home remedy for acidity. You can include a small amount of jaggery (around 10gms) in your meals to keep away from acidity
Also, follow these lifestyle changes to get relief from acidity
- Quit smoking and limit the intake of alcohol- as they just worsen the acidity problem
- Avoid chilies and fried foods
- Have 2-3 hourly small meals, eat slowly and chew your food properly.
- Loosen the clothes around your stomach when you get acidity or heartburn
- Avoid caffeine and aerated drinks
- Eat your dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed
- Drink a glass of warm water everyday
- Include vegetables like drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, cabbage, carrot and spring onions in your diet
- Include fruits such as banana, watermelon your diet. Watermelon juice can also be taken. It forms a great remedy for curing acidity
- You can try chewing gum.
- Wait for 2 hours after having meals before you exercise.
One another natural way to cure acidity is a herbal way.
You may take ALSAREX Tablets, formulated by Charak Pharma. It is a synergistic combination of herbs that are useful in the treatment of acid peptic disorders.
ALSAREX is a natural antacid and antiulcerant. Key ingredients of ALSAREX are: Amalaki, Yashtimadhu, Usheer, Oudumbar, Shatavari etc. These herbs reduce the hypersecretion of acid and protect stomach lining from acid attack.
ALSAREX is a single comprehensive remedy for your acidity problem.