The liver is the largest organ in the human body, and with such a prestigious title, it’s important to know how this essential organ works!!!!!
The liver has five main functions, including producing bile and cholesterol, removing toxins from the body, producing protein for blood clotting, storing glycogen for use in emergencies, and processing nutrients from food. It is the only organ that can regenerate by itself. Keeping liver health optimum ensures better digestion so that we are well nourished and have a good immune system.
The liver filters toxins from the bloodstream and then sends them to the gallbladder for storage before they can be eliminated from the body. Other functions of the liver include converting fat to glucose and generating energy by breaking down protein through a process called gluconeogenesis.
How to keep your liver healthy????
1) Maintaining an ideal weight- You’re at risk of developing the nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) if you’re obese or even slightly overweight. The reduction of liver fat can be facilitated by weight loss.
2) Having a balanced diet is a game changer-Consume low-calorie meals, saturated fat and a whole grain diet. A well-balanced diet should include fiber, which can be found in fresh fruits, vegetables, whole-grain bread, rice, and cereals. Consume meat (but limit red meat), dairy (low-fat milk and cheese in moderation), and fats (the “good” fats found in nuts, seeds, and fish). Drink a lot of water to stay hydrated.
3) Cutting your alcohol intake-Many health problems can be caused by drinking alcohol. Liver cells can be damaged or destroyed and scarred by alcohol. limiting or avoiding alcohol is the best thing you can do for your liver.
4) Exercising regularly-Exercising regularly helps you burn triglycerides for energy and reduces liver fat. Do any sports activity daily which keeps your body moving and grooving.
5) Avoid contaminated needles– if you are visiting the hospital, tattoo parlor or piercing store keep an eye on needles that they are using. it can cause damage to your healthy liver.
6) Avoid white food– It’s good to avoid excess sugar, salt and refined flour like maida to keep liver health optimum.
Best Ayurvedic medicine for the healthy liver;
Trikatu powder– Tri means three and katu means hot and pungent taste. trikatu powder is a combination of 3 equal parts of black pepper, ginger, and long pepper fruit. Trikatu powder is taken along with water or honey after the meal for people with poor digestion and weak liver.
Detox tea for the liver: Take a cup of water and add a pinch of turmeric. Let it boil for a few minutes. Once it cools down add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. you can add honey to make it delicious. It helps keep the liver healthy.
Charak’s LIVOMYN tablet/ syrup is a combination of time-tested and well-documented herbs that are beneficial for liver health. Herbs like Kutki, Kalmegh, Daruharidra are all the best medicine for liver health. ensure the protection of liver cells from various toxins, viruses, and bacteria. It helps maintain the function of liver cells, also protects the liver from harmful drugs, alcohol, and infections.
Keeping liver health optimum ensures better digestion so that we are well nourished and have a good immune system. It is best to use natural ayurvedic medicines for strengthening the liver.